Wednesday 20 November 2013

Onwards to better things.

Regardless of what happened. My only choice is to continue forward with my plan and deal with any fallout from this when it comes. So, the next step in my plan was a bit more difficult.

More difficult than breaking into the domain of a god like entity to steal a book? Well, yes. Since this time we're going into the domain of a godlike entity to steal a train that is attached to said godlike entity or at least attached to the domain of said godlike entity. More accurately for anyone aware of these godlike entities. Let me tell you a story.

Back in some year in the past. Some one creating a very special type of train. It could travel anywhere on special tracks that it basically created. I don't know the specifications exactly but basically it's a train that can go anywhere. Unfortunately one of the people working on this train brought with him an unfortunate object. It wasn't anything special really. At least from the look of it. It was a mechanical pencil. Nothing else. Except it was. A few days before they were going to go public with this invention the pencil fused itself to it's owner and began absorbing everything around it. The objects in the room, The workers and engineers who built it and eventually the train itself. After that it opened a path to it's domain known as The Towering Realm. The Train was lost to the realm of The Godlike Entity known as The Manufactured Newborn.

So, apparently I didn't quite explain the train as well as I could have. When I say it can go anywhere I mean anywhere. See it basically lays down it's own rails except the rails themselves don't have to be layed down on anything. The rails can like... Hover or something? I'm not entirely sure but basically you aim this thing at an ocean? Drives right over the water. Aim it at a mountain. It will drive straight up the side. Off a cliff it will drive down a non-existent hill till it reaches solid ground. This train is unstoppable. You could drive this thing through the most dense forest without hitting any trees because it'll just go over them. I don't know how it does it and I have my theories that it's creation wasn't entirely by human hands in the first place but it's what I'm going to need. Where I plan to go lots of things are going to try and stop me and I need something that can pass over everything in it's way. Oh right plus there's an old fashioned ww1 machine gun mounted on the roof of the first car so, that will be handy as well.

Getting into The Towering Realm wouldn't be hard. Jack called and told me he was perfectly willing to accommodate me before I even thought to ask him. We went to visit Jack. While waiting in the waiting room a man entered in a duster and fedora. I ignored it as it seemed to just be part of the strange aesthetic Jack was cultivating in this office. The figure spoke to the receptionist than headed towards us. It wasn't until he pulled out the knife and it was far too late for either Trinity or I to act that I realized he wasn't just part of Jack's Decor. Fortunately before the knife hit the door opened and Jack stepped out and waved his hand.

For a second there were just two of them. One a completely naked man and the other what appeared to just be the duster and hat. I thought that Jack had merely teleported him out of his clothes for some reason at first. Then the body crumpled like a bean bag chair with no beans and I saw the man's skeleton fall as well still wearing the fedora and duster. Jack then turned to Trinity and I.

"The Receptionist will clean it up. Come on in."

Inside the office Jack showed us a mirror and told us we could step through it to enter The Towering Realm. We prepared ourselves and then stepped through.

The Towering Realm is something that can't be described in words. At least not well enough. I'll try though. It's a sprawling wasteland made out of infinite things meshed together to create a location. Anything you can think of is part of the structure and in what could be called the center if this place had an ending in any direction is a massive spire made out of an uncountable number of living creatures made up of an uncountable number of objects and beings and anything you can think of.

Now in all of that how were we ever supposed to find the train especially before The Newborn noticed us and absorbed us into the mass... Well... It was easy. We appeared standing inside the train's cockpit. Normally I'd be agog at the coincidence but I'm pretty sure Jack did it on purpose. The hard part was figuring out a way to get it unnattached and then out of here. Eventually we settled for shooting it free from the mass with the machine gun and then seeing if we could drive it out of here somehow. I asked Trinity if she could teleport us and the train into The Empty City. She said she could but The Empty City would probably wreck the train and then make us walk for months again.

At this point I got a call from Jack.

"I can get you out but I want a slight addendum to our original deal"

"Really, Jack? What would that addendum be?"

"Nothing much. Just need you to get something for me from The Megablok baby's realm first. It's not too far from you. Just head west. a little ways until you see a cane. I need that Cane."

"Fine. Which way is west in here."

"Just turn till your facing the trains controls and then head right."

So, we went. off looking for some cane. It didn't take long. It was old. It also wasn't technically a cane. It was a crook. The kind often pictured with Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs. We grabbed it but found it was lodged into the ground. Upon pulling we proceeded to pull up a... Well there's no better way to say this. A cyborg mummy. It was a dead body. Wrapped in silk but combined with parts of clockwork and even some more modern technology like the clock radio embedded in it's shoulder. It let out a whirring sound that became a very human like growl of rage and then attacked us. It pulled me forward with the crook and grabbed me by the throat. Trinity began attacking it with her bare hands while I began kicking it. It of course wasn't doing anything. I guess I should be glad it didn't have a robot hand that could crush my neck in seconds or something, but slowly being strangled isn't exactly much better. While it was strangling me, Trinity was still hitting it. She hit a blow to it's shoulder that apparently turned on the radio. It began blaring out
"Rasputin" by Boney M (I had to look up the song later) for some reason and the creature seemed to freak out. It tossed me and proceeded to hit Trinity in the face with The Crook. I saw her go down before I landed on the ground and for a moment I saw everything go black and heard a high pitched squealing sound like metal on metal and then screams of pain. I quickly got up to my feet and saw Trinity  kneeling on one knee. The Pharaoh guy was torn to pieces. The music was still playing though was now heavily distorted and static-y. I was confused but I didn't think we had enough time to ponder it so I began running back to the train with Trinity following me. She told me to get on top and man the gun while she'd drive. I didn't bother arguing. The Train was attached to a mass of flesh and metal so I took aim at the flesh. The gun was miraculously still loaded with... Whatever those long lines of bullets are called. I began firing and it also miraculously didn't jam or anything and while I'm not exactly used to firing almost if not centuries old rapid fire weaponry I did manage to get the train free and immediately the train took off. We were racing straight towards the tower when suddenly a cloak fell over the tower or more accurately over us and we raced through it and emerged stopping in what appeared to be a warehouse. The train fell silent and dropped about an inch to the ground. Jack was there waiting as we got down.

"You can leave your train here until you need it," he informed us, "which as I understand it shouldn't be too long. I believe you only have one more step to go before you're ready?"

I glared at him and tossed him the cane. "Why did you want us to get this thing exactly?"

He caught it and broke it over his knee then tossed the pieces away. "I didn't. Just thought this mission was a bit too easy and wanted to make the game a bit more fun."

I stood open mouthed. "You... We almost got killed by a fucking robo-pharaoh and you... THIS ISN'T A GAME!"

He merely tilted his head slightly. "It is to me." After that we suddenly reappeared at my place. I wrote this and now I'm going to bed.     

No comments:

Post a Comment